|Chair for Theoretical Computer Science||Phone:||+49-91-3185-64031|
About meI am an assistant professor (german: Akademischer Oberrat) at Chair for Theoretical Computer Science of Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen and Nürnberg. My research interests include (but not limited to):
- computational monads and side-effects
- program logics (with side-effects)
- semantics and foundations of computations
- (universal) algebra, coalgebra, and category theory
- hybrid systems
- 8th ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Higher-Order Programming with Effects (HOPE 2020), PC member
- 3rd IFIP Conference on Topics in Theoretical Computer Science (TTCS 2020), PC member
- 8th Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2019), PC member
- Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS 2019), PC member
- Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics (MFPS 2018), PC member
- Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science (CMCS 2018), PC member
MissionI am concerned with the basic research in the area of formal semantics of specification and programming languages. My work is thus oriented towards identification of the general idioms and principles pervasively appearing in these areas, to allow for a conceptual unification of various approaches so as to ensure both a high level of generality and practical meaningfulness. With this in mind, I am studying and contributing process algebra, computational monads, fixpoint calculi, Kleene algebra, formal languages and automata theory. In more detail, my view is recently summarised in the abstract to my habilitation thesis. My recent work revolves around the notion of guarded traced monoidal category.
- Implementing Hybrid Semantics: From Functional to Imperative accepted for ICTAC 2020 (extened version on ArXiV)
- Towards Constructive Hybrid Semantics accepted at FSCD 2020 (see https://github.com/sergey-goncharov/hybrid-agda for the accompanying Agda implementation)
- Local Local Reasoning: A BI-Hyperdoctrine for Full Ground Store accepted at FoSSaCS 2020
- An Adequate While-Language for Hybrid Computation accepted at PPDP 2019
- Coinductive Resumption Monads: Guarded Iterative and Guarded Elgot accepted at CALCO 2019
- A Metalanguage for Guarded Iteration (Sergey Goncharov, Christoph Rauch, Lutz Schröder) wins best paper award at ICTAC 2018
- A Semantics for Hybrid Iteration (Sergey Goncharov, Julian Jakob, Renato Neves) accepted for CONCUR 2018
- Guarded Traced Categories (Sergey Goncharov, Lutz Schröder) wins EATCS Best Theory Paper Award at ETAPS 2018
- DFG-Project A High Level Language for Programming and Specifying Multi-Effect Algorithms (HighMoon II) granted.
- Unifying Guarded and Unguarded Iteration presented at FoSSaCS 2017.
PublicationsHere is the list of my scientific publications. Cf. me on DBLP and on ResearchGate.
- Towards Constructive Hybrid Semantics at FSCD 2020 (narrated slides)
- Towards Constructive Hybrid Semantics at Oberseminar Theoretische Informatik
- Towards Coherence for Guarded Traces presented at the LFCS Seminar in the University of Edinburgh
- Unifying Notions of Feedback presented at the FAU Tag der Informatik 2019
- An Adequate Semantics for Hybrid While presented at the 16th Workshop on Quantitative Aspects of Programming Languages and Systems
- Guarded traced categories for recursion and iteration presented at the Icelandic Centre of Excellence TCS Seminar
- Towards Coherence for Guarded Traces presented at the Birmingham School of Computer Science Theory Seminar
- From Delay Monad to Duration Monad: An Excursion into Non-Inductive Semantics presented at the Chair Seminar
- A Metalanguage for Guarded Iteration presented at ICTAC 2018
- Equational Theories for Real-Time Coalgebraic State Machines presented at Algebra and Coalgebra in Languages and Automata Workshop associated with ICTAC 2018
- A Semantics for Hybrid Iteration presented at CONCUR 2018
- A Metalanguage for Guarded Iteration presented at HASLab, University of Minho
- Guarded Traced Categories presented at the FoSSaCS 2018
- On Retracts of Algebras with Iteration presented at the CMCS 2018
- Summer 2019 Monad-based Programming (course description).
- Summer 2017 Homotopy Type Theory Seminar (jointly with Tadeusz Litak).
- Winter 2016 Communication and Parallel Processes (course description, lecture script).
- Summer 2015 Monad-based Programming (course description).
- Summer 2014 Term rewriting (course description).
- Summer 2013 Communication and Parallel Processes (course description).