The Chair of Theoretical Computer Science (INF8) belongs to the Department of Computer Science at the Faculty of Engineering of the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg. Our core research topics are
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods
- Knowledge Representation
Head of the group is Prof. Dr. Lutz Schröder.
- System description COOL – A Generic Satisfiability Checker For Coalgebraic Logics with Global Assumptions (D. Gorin, D. Pattinson, L. Schröder, F. Widmann and T. Wißmann) accepted at IJCAR 2014.
- Monodic Fragments of Probabilistic First-order Logic (J. C. Jung, C. Lutz, S. Goncharov, and L. Schröder) accepted at ICALP 2014
- Coalgebraic Weak Bisimulation from Recursive Equations over Monads (S. Goncharov and D. Pattinson) accepted at ICALP 2014
- Generalized Eilenberg Theorem I: Local Varieties of Languages (J. Adámek, S. Milius, R. Myers, and H. Urbat) presented at FOSSACS 2014