|address:||Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg|
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 8 (Theoretische Informatik)
Martensstr. 3 (Room 11.125)
I am a PhD student in the Chair of Theoretical Computer Science at Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (since December 2019) and a member of the Research Training Group 2475 “Cybercrime and Forensic Computing” under the supervision of Lutz Schröder. Before that, I obtained a MSc Logic (specialization: mathematics) at the Institute for Logic, Language, and Computation (ILLC) of the University of Amsterdam (NL, 2017-19) and a BSc Mathematics from The Evergreen State College (USA, 2010-15). During my BSc studies, I spent a semester in the Budapest Semesters in Mathematics programme (HU, 2015).
- Citizenship: USA
- Pronouns: he/him
- Language: English (native), German (basic), Dutch (basic)
- Erdős number: 4
My research focuses on categorical and logical methods in computer science (and beyond). My recent work includes:
- logic and games
- graded monads
- category theory
I have had the privilege to collaborate with Jiří Adámek, Harsh Beohar, Sam van Gool, Barbara König, Stefan Milius, Lutz Schröder, and Yde Venema. I look forward to future collaborations: let’s think about a problem together!
My MSc Logic thesis Investigations into the Expressiveness of First-order Logic and Weak Path Automata on Infinite Trees was written under the supervision of Yde Venema and Sam van Gool at the Institute for Logic, Language, and Computation (ILLC, Universiteit van Amsterdam). It is published as part of the Master of Logic (MoL) series.
conference proceedings and journal publications:
- Chase Ford, Harsh Beohar, Barbara König, Stefan Milius, and Lutz Schröder: Graded Monads and Behavioural Equivalence Games. To appear: Proc. of the 37th Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS 2022). Full version available on arXiv.
- Jiří Adámek, Chase Ford, Stefan Milius, and Lutz Schröder: Finitary monads on the category of posets, in Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, pp. 1–23, 2021.
- Chase Ford, Stefan Milius, and Lutz Schröder: Monads on categories of relational structures. Proc. of the 9th Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2021), Dagstuhl Publishing, 2021. Full version available on arXiv here.
- Chase Ford, Stefan Milius, and Lutz Schröder: Behavioural preorders via graded monads. Proc. of the 36th Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS 2021). Full version available on arXiv here.
- Graded Monads and Behavioural Equivalence Games, LICS 2022, Haifa, Israel, August 2022
- Graded Monads and Behavioural Equivalence Games, Highlights of Logic, Games and Automata 2022, Paris, France, June 2022
- Graded Semantics of Probabilistic Systems, Joint Meeting of the German RTGs in CS, Dagstuhl, Germany, June 2022
- Graded Monads and Behavioural Equivalence Games, CMCS 2022, Munich, Germany, April 2022
- Monads on Categories of Relational Structures, CALCO 2021, Salzburg, Austria, August 2021
- Behavioural Preorders via Graded Monads, LICS 2021, Rome, Italy (online), June 2021